CAN WOODWORM DAMAGE IN WOOD BE REPAIRED? I HAVE LOTS OF HOLES IN MY WOODEN LINTOL
ABOVE AN OUTSIDE DOOR.
Yes, you can fill the holes using an Epoxy
Consolidator Liquid. This is a thin epoxy fluid, supplied as two liquids that
have to be mixed before use, which can then be poured, from above, or injected,
from the sides or from below via plastic Injectors which incorporate one-way valves.
CAN MY LARGE ROOF TIMBERS BE STIFFENED? THEY ARE BENDING A LOT DUE TO WOODWORM
DAMAGE AND MAYBE SOME ROT.
As these will be structural timbers you must first ask a qualified Structural
Engineer to check them for safety. He may advise some temporary propping, which
could be vital if you are to maintain your Insurance Cover. Strengthening these
timbers should be possible using Structural
Epoxy Pouring Resin and High Tensile Steel Bars. You can see this technique
WILL WOODWORM HOLES WEAKEN MY ROOF TIMBERS, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN TREATED
A woodworm treatment applied in the past will take up to 5 years to completely
eliminate the common furniture beetle, so even if the treatment is completely
successful there will be some weakening effect. Usually this weakening effect
is small, but if the flight holes are numerous ask a Qualified Structural Engineer
to check the timber for deflection (the amount it has bent out of true) and then
consider a strength upgrade, if required - review this method at Timber.Org.Uk.
I HAVE WOODWORM AND ROT IN THE END OF A LARGE ROOF PURLIN? CAN IT BE STRUCTURALLY
REPAIRED TO FULL ORIGINAL STRENGTH?
Yes, the combination of Structural
Epoxy Pouring Resin and High Tensile Steel Bars can be used to EXCEED the
can look at drawings and photographs of this technique at Timber.Org.Uk.
CAN AN EPOXY RESIN REPAIR TO A WOODEN BEAM ALLOW IT TO CARRY MORE LOAD? I AM CONVERTING
AN ATTIC ROOM AND THE FLOOR BEAMS ARE NOT BIG ENOUGH, ACCORDING TO MY STRUCTURAL
Yes, you can upgrade the strength of many types of timbers using the Epoxy and
Steel Bar 'modified flitch' technique, but it may be uneconomic for some small
timbers, such as ceiling joists. Call our experts on 01626 331351 to find out
the cost of upgrading your timbers.
| Returns Policy
| Home Page
01626 331351 F: 01626 331143
Other Property Repair Systems
- how to use Boron based insecticides/fungicides to treat timber rots
and insect attack
- how to treat penetrating dampness in walls and plaster
- how to treat patio decks and yacht decks
- how to kill Dry Rot in buildings
- membranes for lining damp walls, floors, basements and cellars
- epoxy resins for repairing wood, concrete, brick and stone
- upgrade doors to 30 minutes fire resistance
- how to quickly repair joists and beams of any size
- treat steel with Intumescent Paint to provide fire protection
- systems of repair, with step by step methods
- how to repair timber beams
- how to kill and prevent woodworm and death watch beetle